Oral care is one of the most important things that we need to do every day. It does not mean only buying expensive products and experimenting with different commercial kinds of toothpaste, but it means having quality and safe care and cleaning of the teeth.
One of the best methods for dental care comes from the Ayurvedic medicine; it is the so-called Azadirachta indica paste. It has several properties, among which the protection of gum diseases, cavities, and whitening the teeth are most effective. It can be prepared at home, it does not have chemicals or other harmful additives and the best thing is that it is long- lasting.
Here is what you need:
- Extra-virgin coconut oil
- Baking soda
- Turmeric powder
- Peppermint extract (optional)
Find a good container and mix all ingredients inside. Keep the container on the outside temperature until the coconut oil hardens the mixture then place it in a glass jar. You can use this paste every day and night. We recommend you to use it 3 times per day.
1. 2 tbsp of extra-virgin coconut oil in a bowl.
2. Add 2 tbsp of baking soda.
3. 10 to 15 drops of peppermint extract (optional)
4. ½ to 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
5. Mix with a wooden spatula or wooden spoon until you get a smooth paste-like consistency.
Note: Never dip your toothbrush directly in the toothpaste, always use something nonmetallic to apply toothpaste on the toothbrush.